SAAS Monitoring vs. On-Premise Monitoring Software
SAAS (Software as a Service) based Monitoring is increasingly becoming the dominant solution in the monitoring space. Here are pros and cons for both SAAS based and on-premise monitoring.
- Some open source solutions are license free
- High level of data security when setup correctly
- Significant setup effort required - resulting in high overall setup costs
- Most solutions not complete out of the box - requiring addition of alerting channels etc.
- Larger systems failure could result in monitoring solution to go down as well - leaving systems highly exposed.
- Instant setup, complete and pre-configured to ensure robust monitoring without setup risk
- Monitoring from the outside ensures reliable alerts even in case of total system failure
- Total cost of ownership typically 5-10x lower than on-premise software due so elimination of setup, servicing and configuration complexity.
- License fees (vary).
In the end, the choice depends on your business requirements. However, we realised that too often, the complexity involved in traditional on-premise monitoring setup led to many businesses not having a comprehensive monitoring solution at all. This is the worst choice, and modern SAAS solutions help to have critical devices under control within less than an hour.
CloudRadar provides Server Monitoring with a focus on fast configuration and affordability. Besides your servers, you can monitor your entire systems infrastructure including all your network devices and websites - so you have all your systems under control from one central monitoring solution.
Start your Free Version of CloudRadar now - up to 5 Devices, Servers or Website domains are free.