Setting Up Server Monitoring with CloudRadar
November 20, 2018
With CloudRadar, you can quickly start monitoring the vital parameters of your servers, like CPU load, memory consumption, disk fill level, and network utilization.
All you need to do is to add your server in CloudRadar and install an agent (open source and secure) on your the server. This way, you can check your server's status anytime at the dashboard.
You can further configure alerting: anytime a metric like memory utilization goes beyond a customizable threshold, you will receive a notification via your preferred channel (e-mail, SMS, Slack, Telegram, Pushover or Webhooks).
It only takes a minute or two per server to set up.
Start monitoring your server
1. Log In to your CloudRadar account at https://my.cloudradar.io/auth
- Register a free account if not yet done.
2. Add your server (for example, an application server) to CloudRadar by creating a new host.
- Choose Hosts on the left and then ADD HOST on the right.
- Choose Inside OS Monitoring with Cagent, enter a name and description, and save the new host.
3. Install the agent.
- On saving the host choose to install the agent, select the appropriate operating system, and follow the instructions to install and configure the agent on your server.
- CloudRadar provides agent installation packages for Windows, Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, RedHad, CentOS, Suse), and MacOS.
4. Check the current host status.
- Choose Hosts, locate your host, and choose the Latest data button in the Actions column. You will see the system data sent from your system via the agent to CloudRadar. You can filter the results, for example, to see only the memory metrics:
5. View and add alerts.
- Common alerts like ping packet loss and percentage of free file system are automatically pre-configured and switched on for your new host.You can add more alerts as needed:
6. Configure notification recipients.
Your email is set as default recipient. You can add additional recipients via Recipients on the left, choosing from e-mail, Slack, SMS, Telegram,Pushover or Webhooks.
Make it happen
Start monitoring with CloudRadar today.
Set up in 5 minutes, and monitor your entire infrastructure - servers, networks and Web sites. With guided setup and pre-configured checks, getting started with monitoring has never been simpler.
Free for 5 hosts, or get more hosts with simple pricing plans.
Author: Rossen Karaivanov