Setting up Website Monitoring with CloudRadar
December 11, 2019
CloudRadar’s Website Monitoring software lets you monitor your website’s availability and uptime - as well as critical content – in 4 lightning fast steps. It is extremely easy to set up so your website monitoring will be up and running in minutes.
All you need to do is to add your website in your CloudRadar Dashboard. Preconfigured, standard checks are automatically implemented to save you time, and your monitoring is active immediately. In addition, you can add and customise the rules further should you want more specific checks.
It only takes a minute or two - here is how to monitor your website in 4 easy steps:
1. Log in to your CloudRadar account at https://my.cloudradar.io/auth
(Register a free account if you have not yet done so).
2. In your “Dashboard” screen, click on “Create Website Monitoring”.
Enter your website’s URL, and click “Create”.
Voilà, your website is monitored via pre-configured availability checks, and your email address have been set as the default channel for alerts.
3. Add and modify checks
In your “Dashboard” page, click on the grey “Settings” gear wheel on the website tile you just set up:
This opens your “Host” screen for the selected website. In this screen you can:
Add a new check and define the check intervals (e.g. 90 seconds) for:
- ICMP Ping check: availability / reachability.
- TCP Port check: check if a TCP service like http is listening for connections.
- Website check: check a website for status or content.
- Custom check: send check result by HTTP collected by your own scripts.
or edit previously “Selected Checks”:
- Click on the “pencil” icon next to each selected check and change the settings.
- Delete previously selected checks you no longer need.
4. View the latest metrics and results of all your checks
In your “Dashboard” page, click on the “Latest Data” link (the grey graph icon) next to the website that you just set up.
This displays the latest results/status for all your checks, which you can expand to view full details:
That is it - it is as simple and fast as that!
Make it happen
Start monitoring with CloudRadar today!
Set up in 5 minutes, and monitor your entire infrastructure - servers, networks, and Web sites. With guided setup and pre-configured checks, getting started with monitoring has never been simpler.
Free 15 Day Trial. No credit card required. Then choose from our simple pricing plans.
Author: Rossen Karaivanov